Thursday, June 15, 2006
600g chicken washed and cut into bite size
3 tbsp heaped kurma curry powder (store bought)
3 cloves garlic finely ground
3 cm ginger finely ground
1/2 cup water
2 tbsp Ghee
2 cm Cinnamon stick
1 star Anise
1/4 tsp Fennel
1/4 tsp Cumin
1 big Onion sliced
1 Red Chilly sliced
1 Green Chilly sliced
1 sprig curry leaf
1000 ml water
200g potatoes skinned and cut into wedges and deep fried
2 Tomatoes cut into wedges
1 cup thick coconut milk + 1 tbsp lime juice to make yoghurt
1 tsp salt to taste
1. Combine A & refrigerate for 30 mins - 1 hr before cooking
2. Heat Ghee, saute B for 30 secs or until cardamons start to pop, Add C. Saute until onions turn light brown, add in marinated chicken pieces.
3. Add water, simmer until chicken is almost tender before adding in potatoes.
4. Once potatoes are soft, add coconut milk, tomatoes and seasoning, bring to boil.
5. Turn off heat, serve with nasi minyak/nasi beriani or plain white rice.